Quench the thirst for knowledge and great beer that stands the test of time.
Osijek Beer tour is the first in of its kind, exploring the some of the finest Croatian beer and is the leader in the forefront of the fastest growing craft beer movement. Historically Osijek is known for focusing mostly on Slavonia and Baranja rich fertile golden fields and the famous historic battles that took place against the Otto Empire in the region. However you are in for a treat and get to quench your first for knowledge and taste the history of great beer that stood the test of time.
The walking tour explores the tradition of brewing in Slavonia and learn about its history. ( Two cultural and five Hedonistic).The journey takes you back in time walking through the city’s rich architectural buildings protected by UNISCO Tvrđa (fortress), castles and Neo-gothic Churches that still dominate as the cityscape of Osijek. Along the tour discover the local beer scene in Osijek with some time to put your feet up to rest. Here you will be able taste local gastronomy while learning about pairing of great food with beer together. Osijek has an abundance of traditional cultural heritage as far back to early Europeans settlements. During the time of producing beer throughout the ages of the bronze period to present. On a hot summer days ahead one can enjoy the soft cool breeze flowing off the river Drava.
1. Von Beckers pub - Tasting a beer of the house - Von Beckers pale ale. A story about general Von Beckers and the history of Tvrđa (historical core of Osijek).
2. Museum of Slavonia - Visit the Museum of Slavonia, the largest museum institution in Croatia. The story of the beer production history starting with the Vučedol culture, Mesopotamia, Old Egypt and the Medieval Europe.
3. Beertija - Tasting of the Osiječko unfiltered beer. The story of the first Croatian beer:
-Osiječko beer with 320 years long tradition.
4. Con-cathedral - Sightseeing of impressive Osijek, 94 meters high con-cathedral designed by a German architect Franz Langenberg, which is built in neo-gothic style. It's the highest building in Croatia outside the City of Zagreb.
5. Fabrique beer & grill - Blending beer and food. The tasting of black and light Valens Beer in the combination with a Fabrique plate (Fabrique chevaps, standard chevaps, and chicken wings). The story of the Roman Emperor Valens, the beer lover and the Vinkovci, the oldest European city.
6. Gajba beer tasting- Tasting a beer in six sequences, six different brewing styles, starting from lager to ale.
Short education about the characteristics and history of each particular beer style.
7. Runda beer house - Varionica tasting, the most prized Croatian craft beer from the Nova Runda brewery.
START: 15.00h, Tvrđa, the Holy Trinity Square
DURATION: 5-7 hours
MAXIMUM: 20 persons
INCLUDED: all beer tasting (approx. 5 pints) and the food, ticket to the museum, short education, sightseeing and interpretation.
PRICE: 255,00 kuna per person, approximately 35 Euros.
All tours must be pre-booked.
For more inquires contact: email@example.com